Sanctioned by PayPal Thu Aug 04, 2022 21:31 | Anti-Empire
Spain Limits Heating to 19ÂşC, Cooling t... Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:39 | Associated Press
WHO Declares Monkeypox a â€śGlobal Healt... Sat Jul 23, 2022 21:01 | Apoorva Mandavilli
Zelensky Says Ukrainian KIA Down From Pe... Sat Jul 23, 2022 18:13 | Anti-Empire
German Health Ministry: 1 Severe Adverse... Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:25 | Matthew Roscoe
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Will the West?s greed and hatred lead to the end of the world? Fri Aug 12, 2022 17:04 | The Saker
By Aram Mirzaei for the Saker blog It can certainly be said that the risk for nuclear war is far greater today than it was less a year ago. Ever
Short week-end news and music Fri Aug 12, 2022 16:44 | The Saker
First, I am delighted to announce that the Latam Saker (Latin America – in Spanish and Portuguese) is back up and running. However, please write down and bookmark its new
Samarkand at the crossroads: from Timur to the BRI and SCO Fri Aug 12, 2022 02:44 | The Saker
From its ancient Silk Road role to China?s BRI project, Uzbekistan is set to remain an important geoeconomic hub in Central Asia by Pepe Escobar, posted with the author?s permission
Qi, the Force ? The Universe Does Not Follow a Hollywood Script Fri Aug 12, 2022 02:42 | The Saker
by Nora Hoppe for the Saker blog Various notes and reflections by Nora Hoppe Judging by the many reactions of various journalists, analysts and lay persons around the world (chiefly
Sensor Fusion and Uncertainties Thu Aug 11, 2022 22:02 | The Saker
Please visit Andrei?s website: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... and support him here: https://www.patreon.com/beP...
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th