Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Allegations of political criminality reported to An Garda Siochana
Minister Catherine Martin: Not fit to serve Anthony
Establishment media and delusional analysis Anthony
Youth power – Don’t ask – Take Anthony
When the establishment betrays the people?s trust Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
News Round-Up Fri Sep 24, 2021 00:18 | Michael Curzon
A summary of all the most interesting stories that have appeared about politicians? efforts to control the virus ? and other acts of hubris and folly ? not just in Britain, but around the world.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Government?s Gamesmanship and Outright Cheating on Covid and Vaccines Diminishes Us All Thu Sep 23, 2021 21:55 | Will Jones
When it comes to providing the public with full, clear, honest information about Covid and the vaccines, the Government has been caught repeatedly putting spin and narrative ahead of transparency and truth.
The post The Government’s Gamesmanship and Outright Cheating on Covid and Vaccines Diminishes Us All appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
We?re Hiring! Thu Sep 23, 2021 18:45 | Toby Young
Michael Curzon is giving up his day job on the Daily Sceptic, having been poached by a national newspaper. He'll continue to contribute, but we'll need to replace him. Click on the link for more info.
The post We’re Hiring! appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Covid Unlikely to Mutate into a Deadly Variant, Says Lead Scientist Behind AstraZeneca Vaccine Thu Sep 23, 2021 17:39 | Michael Curzon
Covid is unlikely to mutate into a much deadlier variant because there "aren?t many places for the virus to go", says the lead scientist behind the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.
The post Covid Unlikely to Mutate into a Deadly Variant, Says Lead Scientist Behind AstraZeneca Vaccine appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Record Numbers of Children Seeking Access to Mental Health Services Thu Sep 23, 2021 14:56 | Michael Curzon
Record numbers of children and young people are seeking access to mental health services, according to analysis by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and an "unprecedented" number of children are waiting for care.
The post Record Numbers of Children Seeking Access to Mental Health Services appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Photographers can fool the best experts Sat Sep 25, 2021 06:14 | en
Joe Biden might call off war against North Korea Fri Sep 24, 2021 20:36 | en
General boycott of Covid-19 Global Summit Fri Sep 24, 2021 20:11 | en
Ahmad Massoud has fled Afghanistan Fri Sep 24, 2021 08:00 | en
Another stab at the "two-state solution" Fri Sep 24, 2021 07:46 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Fracking Stories on Indymedia
Fracking is the latest fraud and threat to hit us. It brings promises of boundless energy and wealth. The reality is that these wells are costly in money and can and do cause very serious long term damage over wide areas to the soil and water table by contamination. The few gains that are got go to a few individuals who own or run the corporation pushing this technology. In energy terms it represents the last desperate attempts to keep energy flow at any cost. The truth is that these wells have massive depletion rates of up to 70% in the first year of production, The mechanism to finance these dubious wells is basically a ponzi scheme that is based on resale of fracking licenses. But with the massivedepletion rates just mentioned, it means 70% of the total revenue is obtained in the first year and it rapidly tails off after that. So anyone sold these is left holding the bag as it were and the liability for damage and cleanup. From the recent experience with the property bubble and bust, we know how that worked out.
With Fracking you drill down into the rock in all directions and using high powered water pressure mixed with sand an a cocktail of dangerous poisonous chemicals the rock is shattered and the trapped gas released. This requires vast amounts of energy, piping and water. It literally wrecks the land. In Canada and the USA farmers have been wiped out because all their animals died from the poisons. What will happen in this corrupt country is that our government and their officials will smooth talk everything, give the okay and allow rampant greed to take over. Then when it all goes bust, we the people and thousands of farmers will be left with severely damaged land. It could even wipe out farming. It will certainly destroy our fishing and tourism. The fracking boom could be here and gone in less than 10 years and a small bunch of people will make off with the profits. However for the hundreds of thousands of people affected in the targeted areas the costs will be immense. You have been warned. This will be like the property boom except this time, your very land and means to survive will be destroyed.
See this illustration of how it works.
Here's another illustration of the fracking process. Image and text just below is from http://NotForShale.com/fracking.htm
Issues with Fracking are as such:
- Large areas cleared and levelled to allow for drilling sites and road infrastructure to help support the process taking place.
- Potential damage to water systems, above and below ground from use of toxic fluids and elements used in drilling.
- Unkown damage to Geological layout.
- Risk of explosion on site. (incidents have happened in the past in USA)
- Loud Noise.
- Escaping gas, this alone can cause health effects.
- Has the potential to cause earthquakes.
- When a site becomes exhausted of extracting gas, the site must be heavily secured and treated long term as there could pressure build-up.
- The storing and treatment of used fluids and chemicals after drilling. This is very costly to the companies drilling.
Issues with Fracking in terms of Northern Ireland / Ireland along with above:
- No governmental body or independant overseeing the industry here. Therefore accountability is minimal in any given event.
- No State ownership of resources after drilling. The Shale gas becomes privately owned. Private companies have no obligation to give discount to local economy of resources acquired.
- Tax payer here must foot the bill in the event of a clean up after an accident.
- Ireland is small, even a small event could affect the island as a whole. The drilling here is focused in and around border counties with proximity to the Erne-Shannon waterway that could allow chemicals to travel the length of Ireland.
- The private companies here are new to the drilling industry and have no prior or minor experience of Shale gas drilling.
- With Fracking the earth for gas, there then comes a need to store that gas. Huge chambers (500 Million cubic metres est) are being unearthed deep beneath the Larne Sub Basin onshore and offshore and along the NorthEast coast. These chambers are being created to store air at high pressure but could also be used to store gas. It is not certain whether gas Fracked in N.Ireland will be stored at these sites but it is a possibility. The salt deposits from the excavated caverns and tunnels may be injected into the sea sending the water/salt levels out of sync causing huge problems for marine life. There are 3 projects to create these chambers in planning.
Articles on Indymedia on FrackingStatement from some of No Fracking Ireland on EPA 'consultation' process which ended today.
- March 8th 2013Overview of Fracking and Ireland
- March 8th 2013Renouned Investigative Journalist Greg Palast Talks about Fracking in Enniskillen, Carrick on Shannon and DublinPoland and Fracking - Lessons to be Learned - Ban Fracking In EUCounties and Townlands in the Fracking Zones - Are You Living in a Facking Zone? Find Out Here.Response to the article 'Frank Convery, Yvonne Scannell, Fracking and Local Credibility in Ireland'Fracking Ireland - Business Group Accept €20,000 From TamboranLocal Fracking Talk Brings RevelationsOpen letter to the members of the 31st Dáil Éireann. Hydraulic Shale Gas Fracturing - Tamborans claims - Chemicals involved in the fracking procedurePresentations: "The Realities of Hydraulic Fracturing" and "Fracking Inhumanity"Bulgaria Bans Fracking - (from SchNews)Documentary film “Gasland” on "fracking" free showing in the Northwest
Map of the Areas To Be Fracked
As you can see this affects very large areas of the country. A lot of people are going to be badly affected by this.
Other Related Articles on Fracking and Shale OilSnake Oil: How Fracking's False Promise Imperils Our Future
by Richard Heinberg (July 2013) Fracking May Be Worse Than Burning Coal
by Bill McKibben Post Carbon Fellow Sep 10, 2014