The Party and the Ballot Box Sun Jul 14, 2019 22:24 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
On The Decline and Fall of The American Empire and Socialism Sat Jan 26, 2019 01:52 | S. Duncan
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Public Services Card: Some still forced to comply
Catholic Church: Dark influence still active Anthony
Tom Parlon launches new career in comedy Anthony
Presumption of innocence does not universally apply in Ireland Anthony
The poor standard of Irish political journalism Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Hillary Clinton?s Six Foreign-Policy Catastrophes Thu Dec 12, 2019 01:56 | The Saker
by Eric Zuesse for The Saker Blog INTRODUCTION TO THIS UPDATED REPUBLICATION Though Hillary Clinton will, of course, be the direct topic here, we are now in the primaries-season for
Saker message: a thank you, a ?state of the blog? report and a ?perfect storm? warning Thu Dec 12, 2019 00:18 | The Saker
Dear friends, First, my most heartfelt gratitude to all of you Today, I want to begin by thanking you all for your donations (be they in the form of money,
Pumping Glue into the Global Systems Wed Dec 11, 2019 23:03 | amarynth
By Chris Faure – for The Saker Blog Empire is still strong, but fast becoming toast. We can only look at the very last few happenings in our world to
Is Western Media credible anymore? Wed Dec 11, 2019 21:22 | The Saker
by Prof. Engr. Zamir Ahmed Awan for The Saker Blog Western media is spreading fake news and fabricating stories with evil intentions. Western Media is biased and creating unrest and
Ukrainian Military After 5 Years Of Warfare Tue Dec 10, 2019 19:34 | Scott
https://southfront.org/ukra... Written and produced by SF Team: J.Hawk, Daniel Deiss, Edwin Watson Prior to the Maidan coup of 2014, Ukraine?s military existed in a political vacuum, suffering from benign neglect
The Saker >>
Make Palestine an EU & Local Election Issue!
elections / politics |
Saturday May 18, 2019 00:31 by IPSC - Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign
It’s that time of year again, when politicians come knocking on doors looking for your vote. This May there will be European and Local elections in Ireland north and south. While domestic issues are, as always, likely to dominate the discussions, we believe it is vitally important that the issue of Palestine is kept firmly in the minds and mouths of all our politicians. The very essence of the Palestine solidarity movement is to ‘think globally, act locally’ – and we have seen impressive local support for Palestinian freedom by many local councils over the past decade. We need to make sure that Palestine is and remains an election issue!
Please find below some quick questions for candidates – both EU and Local – and an easy-to-print version that you can keep handy for when they come calling. We also encourage you to email your candidates these questions.
Here is a handy email list ( https://www.ipsc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/eucandidateemails.txt ) of EU candidates we could find addresses for.
In addition, we have asked these same questions of all European Election Candidates and have published their answers on our website here: https://www.ipsc.ie/bds/eu-elections-2019-where-do-the-candidates-stand-on-palestine We think it’s hugely important that voters know where EU candidates in particular stand on the issue of the EU’s ongoing collaboration with Israeli apartheid and oppression of the Palestinian people.
European Elections 2019
Four Questions on Palestine-Israel for Candidates
1) Will you support the call to prohibit the import and sale of goods, services and natural resources originating in illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine?
2) Will you protect the right of European citizens to free speech, including the right to engage in the non-violent Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign and act against any attempts to criminalise Palestine solidarity?
3) Will you oppose any upgrade of European agreements with Israel and call for suspension of EU-Israel Association (EuroMed) Agreement until Israel abides by its human rights clause?
4) Will you support the exclusion of Israeli arms manufacturing and other military companies from EU Research Programs and EU contracts?
Local Elections 2019
Three Questions on Palestine-Israel for Candidates
1) Will you support the call to prohibit the import and sale of goods, services and natural resources originating in illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine? Will you lobby within your party to support the Control of Economic Activities (Occupied Territories) Bill currently before Dáil Eireann which seeks to do exactly this?
2) Will you protect the right of Irish citizens and residents to free speech on Palestine, including the right to engage in the non-violent Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign and act against any attempts, local or national, to criminalise Palestine solidarity?
3) Will you support the creation of Israeli Apartheid Free Zones – spaces that endorse the principles and tactics of the non-violent Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign – in local communities and in City/County Councils?