The Dysfunction of Russian Mobilization ... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:41 | Anti-Empire
Nord Stream 1 and 2 Hit by â€śMysteryâ€ť... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:31 | Anna Ringstrom
HIMARS vs Russian Smerch â€” Why HIMARS ... Mon Sep 26, 2022 14:00 | Oleg Kaptsov
300,000 Reinforcements Will Repair Kreml... Fri Sep 23, 2022 05:38 | Anti-Empire
Referendums Are the Badly Needed Assuran... Fri Sep 23, 2022 00:21 | Anti-Empire
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Moveable Feast Cafe 2022/09/27 ? Open Thread Tue Sep 27, 2022 18:00 | herb
2022/09/27 17:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
Will The Ukraine De-Militarise Itself? Tue Sep 27, 2022 03:10 | The Saker
by James Tweedie for the Saker blog Back in August 2022 I wrote that NATO was ?demilitarising? itself, sending such huge amounts of arms to the Ukraine before and during
Ukrainian recurring themes Tue Sep 27, 2022 03:08 | The Saker
By The LookOut for the Saker blog If you don’t want or can’t see what’s going on, you won’t even see it. But once seen, you can’t readily unsee it.
Banderastan SITREP by Faina Savenkova Mon Sep 26, 2022 23:19 | The Saker
by Faina Savenkova for the Saker blog For three years now I have been telling you about what is happening in Lugansk. About the war in which I live, about
Is Intellect Enough? (Andrei Martyanov) Mon Sep 26, 2022 22:10 | The Saker
Please visit Andrei?s website: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... and support him here: https://www.patreon.com/beP...
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Voltaire, international edition
How to Stop the Escalation to War, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Sep 27, 2022 07:06 | en
Arms transfer to Iran Mon Sep 26, 2022 04:53 | en
China prepares for war Thu Sep 22, 2022 13:34 | en
Fake mass grave in Izium Wed Sep 21, 2022 04:19 | en
California converts to electric cars Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:50 | en
Voltaire Network >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th