New Events

International

no events posted in last week

Blog Feeds

Anti-Empire

Anti-Empire

offsite link North Korea Increases Aid to Russia, Mos... Tue Nov 19, 2024 12:29 | Marko Marjanovi?

offsite link Trump Assembles a War Cabinet Sat Nov 16, 2024 10:29 | Marko Marjanovi?

offsite link Slavgrinder Ramps Up Into Overdrive Tue Nov 12, 2024 10:29 | Marko Marjanovi?

offsite link ?Existential? Culling to Continue on Com... Mon Nov 11, 2024 10:28 | Marko Marjanovi?

offsite link US to Deploy Military Contractors to Ukr... Sun Nov 10, 2024 02:37 | Field Empty

Anti-Empire >>

Human Rights in Ireland
Indymedia Ireland is a volunteer-run non-commercial open publishing website for local and international news, opinion & analysis, press releases and events. Its main objective is to enable the public to participate in reporting and analysis of the news and other important events and aspects of our daily lives and thereby give a voice to people.

offsite link Trump hosts former head of Syrian Al-Qaeda Al-Jolani to the White House Tue Nov 11, 2025 22:01 | imc

offsite link Rip The Chicken Tree - 1800s - 2025 Tue Nov 04, 2025 03:40 | Mark

offsite link Study of 1.7 Million Children: Heart Damage Only Found in Covid-Vaxxed Kids Sat Nov 01, 2025 00:44 | imc

offsite link The Golden Haro Fri Oct 31, 2025 12:39 | Paul Ryan

offsite link Top Scientists Confirm Covid Shots Cause Heart Attacks in Children Sun Oct 05, 2025 21:31 | imc

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Lockdown Skeptics

The Daily Sceptic

offsite link The Zika Scare That Turned Out to Be a False Positive Debacle ? and the ?Congenital Zika Syndrome? B... Sat Nov 29, 2025 13:00 | Dr Randall Bock
The 2015 Zika scare turned out to be a false positive debacle, says Dr Randall Bock. But that hasn't stopped the Lancet to this day pushing the lie of a 'Congenital Zika Syndrome' to replace it.
The post The Zika Scare That Turned Out to Be a False Positive Debacle ? and the ‘Congenital Zika Syndrome’ Backup Lie That’s Replaced It appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link Why Are Our Schools Such Violent Cesspits? Sat Nov 29, 2025 11:00 | Joe Baron
There were 150 stabbings in schools last year, while four teachers suffered an amputation. There's a reason why our schools are such violent cesspits, says Joe Baron: because perpetrators are always treated as victims.
The post Why Are Our Schools Such Violent Cesspits? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link How Long Until White British Demand a System of Native Protection to Avert Violent Conflict? Sat Nov 29, 2025 09:00 | Michael Rainsborough
As white British look with increasing anxiety to a future as a minority in their own homeland, Professor Michael Rainsborough asks if Malaysia's system of native protection offers a model to avert violent conflict.
The post How Long Until White British Demand a System of Native Protection to Avert Violent Conflict? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link Two-Tier Taxes Sat Nov 29, 2025 07:00 | Steven Tucker
As the UK descends deeper into 'anarcho-tyranny' ? punishing the law-abiding while habitual lawbreakers get away with it ? Steven Tucker decries the latest wheeze to make life hell for obedient taxpayers.
The post Two-Tier Taxes appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link News Round-Up Sat Nov 29, 2025 00:36 | Will Jones
A summary of the most interesting stories in the past 24 hours that challenge the prevailing orthodoxy about the ?climate emergency?, public health ?crises? and the supposed moral defects of Western civilisation.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

Lockdown Skeptics >>

Voltaire Network
Voltaire, international edition

offsite link Will intergovernmental institutions withstand the end of the "American Empire"?,... Sat Apr 05, 2025 07:15 | en

offsite link Voltaire, International Newsletter N?127 Sat Apr 05, 2025 06:38 | en

offsite link Disintegration of Western democracy begins in France Sat Apr 05, 2025 06:00 | en

offsite link Voltaire, International Newsletter N?126 Fri Mar 28, 2025 11:39 | en

offsite link The International Conference on Combating Anti-Semitism by Amichai Chikli and Na... Fri Mar 28, 2025 11:31 | en

Voltaire Network >>

Israel told US it is modeling Gaza attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

category international | politics / elections | other press author Sunday November 05, 2023 22:35author by Tamara Nassar Report this post to the editors

1st Nov 2023 “It became evident to US officials that Israeli leaders believed mass civilian casualties were an acceptable price in the military campaign,” The New York Times reported on Monday.

“In private conversations with American counterparts, Israeli officials referred to how the United States and other allied powers resorted to devastating bombings in Germany and Japan during World War II – including the dropping of the two atomic warheads in Hiroshima and Nagasaki – to try to defeat those countries,” the newspaper added.

Despite this horrifying knowledge, the Biden administration still adamantly opposes a ceasefire in Israel’s extermination campaign in Gaza.

featured image
Protesters calling for a ceasefire in Gaza raise their hands covered in red paint as Secretary of State Antony Blinken testifies at a Senate appropriations committee hearing to ask for billions more in military aid for Israel, on Capitol Hill, in Washington DC, 31 October. Graeme Sloan SIPA USA

“It became evident to US officials that Israeli leaders believed mass civilian casualties were an acceptable price in the military campaign,” The New York Times reported on Monday.

“In private conversations with American counterparts, Israeli officials referred to how the United States and other allied powers resorted to devastating bombings in Germany and Japan during World War II – including the dropping of the two atomic warheads in Hiroshima and Nagasaki – to try to defeat those countries,” the newspaper added.

Despite this horrifying knowledge, the Biden administration still adamantly opposes a ceasefire in Israel’s extermination campaign in Gaza.

A visible symbol of that determination to let Israel kill as many Palestinians as it pleases came when Antony Blinken sat stony-faced as anti-war activists repeatedly disrupted the secretary of state as he put forward the case for billions more in military aid for Israel and Ukraine at a congressional hearing on Tuesday.

The Biden administration is asking for $14.3 billion for Israel – on top of the minimum of $3.8 billion it already provides every year.

One by one, members of the audience rose from their seats, calling for a ceasefire and denouncing Israel’s slaughter of Palestinians in Gaza and the American role in it.

Activists with the anti-war campaign group CODEPINK also called for an end to US military aid to Israel.

Others sat silently with their arms raised, showing their palms covered in red paint.

Security officers removed protestors from the room, while Blinken maintained an indifferent demeanor.

“No red lines”

The United States is drawing “no red lines” for Israel in its genocidal slaughter of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

Those were the words of White House national security spokesperson John Kirby last week.

Even as the death toll in Gaza soared above 8,000 Palestinians – almost half children Kirby asserted on Monday: “We do not believe that a ceasefire is the right answer right now. We believe that a ceasefire right now benefits Hamas.”

Kirby said the Biden administration supports “temporary, localized humanitarian pauses to allow aid to get to specific populations” – though none of that has happened.

The Biden administration continues to talk about getting aid in through Egypt – a tiny trickly soared above 8,000 Palestinians – almost half children for the ongoing US-backed starvation of the population by Israel, which has cut off water, food, medicine, fuel and other life essentials to the besieged territory.

FOR THE FULL ARTICLE SEE LINK BELOW

Related Link: https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/tamara-nassar/israel-told-us-it-modeling-gaza-attack-hiroshima-and-nagasaki

Caption: Video Id: i7fHRmmZKQM Type: Youtube Video
BBREAKING NEWS: Antony Blinken Interrupted Multiple Times By Protesters During Senate Hearing


© 2001-2025 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy