no events posted in last week
Defender of Liberal Order No More, Russi... Sat Oct 01, 2022 16:03 | Anti-Empire
Nord Stream Explosion Removes the Chance... Wed Sep 28, 2022 22:24 | Anti-Empire
The Dysfunction of Russian Mobilization ... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:41 | Anti-Empire
Nord Stream 1 and 2 Hit by â€śMysteryâ€ť... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:31 | Anna Ringstrom
HIMARS vs Russian Smerch â€” Why HIMARS ... Mon Sep 26, 2022 14:00 | Oleg Kaptsov
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Update from Andrei Sat Oct 01, 2022 21:36 | The Saker
Dear friends We found a home to stay. We have workable Internet. Best of all, a neighbor told us that in his opinion our house might be fixable, but it
?Biden? Fulfilled a Promise on Nord Stream 2 Sat Oct 01, 2022 20:48 | Leo V.
For those who haven’t seen this footage being reposted the past few days, ”Biden” promised to put an end to Nord Stream 2 on February 7, 2022.
Moveable Feast Cafe 2022/10/01 ? Open Thread Sat Oct 01, 2022 05:30 | herb
2022/10/01 04:30:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
Update from Andrei Fri Sep 30, 2022 17:57 | The Saker
My family and I are all safe. Our house flooded and is uninhabitable so we will have to relocate for a few months. I hope to return to at least
From Andrei Thu Sep 29, 2022 19:31 | The Saker
My house flooded and basically totaled. I won’t be blogging for a while. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Will try to keep you posted. Andrei
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
Open letter to Kerry Dail Deputies McEllistrim, O’Donoghue and Healy-Rae
worker & community struggles and protests |
Thursday February 04, 2010 13:10 by Brendan Guilfoyle - Kerry Public Service Workers' Alliance
On public service cuts
An alliance of public service representatives call on Kerry government TDs to choose who they support – the providers and users of public services or the wealthy elite interests that in pursuit of selfish gain are happy to destroy our community.
When the public come to consider the industrial action and disruption that will soon be widespread in the public sector, they will remember the following:
* Public servants play a vital role in our community and are central to our health, education, security, welfare and local services. While bankers and property developers are endowed with a multi billion euro bailout the Fianna Fail led government has set about the dismantlement of our public services.
* Since the banking and building collapse, Fianna Fail has continually campaigned to undermine the work of nurses, teachers, gardai, fire personnel and other valued public servants. Under-valued and poorly paid employees do not offer a good service. It is government policy to sacrifice public services rather than set about taxing the wealthy elite and undoing its own disastrous policies. How was a once popular political party captured by such a small unrepresentative minority of fat cats?
* The unilateral embargo on the filling of any public posts is causing worsening service levels. Staff who have the key skills and experience are threatened with pension cuts if they do not retire early and their replacement is forbidden under the embargo.
* Some 49 per cent of public servants earn less than the average industrial wage. They suffered a wage cut of at least 7 per cent in March another pay cut of at least 5 per cent (in addition to all of the other taxes and levies). Public service families with children and home mortgages face impoverishment.
* In employment terms, the public service is paramount in Kerry. Government policy has not invested in regional infrastructure and private sector jobs are therefore clustered much more in the East of Ireland. In employment terms, the public service is of fundamental importance to Kerry. The wage cuts will result in a direct loss of over €25 million per annum to the county. Local businesses will suffer heavily and more jobs will be lost.
The people of Kerry elected you but gave you no mandate to place the interests of rich bankers and builders before those of workers and the users of public services. Your utterly inequitable policies have politicised public servants to take action to stop the dismantling of community services. We represent an alliance of Kerry public service workers that has come together to fight this campaign.
We call on you as government TDs to choose who you support – the providers and users of public services or the wealthy elite interests that in pursuit of selfish gain are happy to destroy our community.
Martin O’Grady (TUI Branch Chair, IT Tralee)
John Duggan, (SIPTU, Chair Irish Ambulance Representative Council)
Pat Keane (PSEU, Dept of Social and Family Affairs)
Seamus Moriarty (GRA, Tralee Garda Station)
Yvonne Mulvihill (PNA Branch Secretary, North Kerry Branch)
John O'Connor (CPSU, Department of Social and Family Affairs)
Teddy Foley (IMPACT, IT Tralee)