no events posted in last week
Nord Stream Explosion Removes the Chance... Wed Sep 28, 2022 22:24 | Anti-Empire
The Dysfunction of Russian Mobilization ... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:41 | Anti-Empire
Nord Stream 1 and 2 Hit by â€śMysteryâ€ť... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:31 | Anna Ringstrom
HIMARS vs Russian Smerch â€” Why HIMARS ... Mon Sep 26, 2022 14:00 | Oleg Kaptsov
300,000 Reinforcements Will Repair Kreml... Fri Sep 23, 2022 05:38 | Anti-Empire
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Germany and EU have been handed over a declaration of war Thu Sep 29, 2022 02:05 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar, posted with the author?s permission and widely cross-posted The sabotage of the Nord Stream (NS) and Nord Stream 2 (NS2) pipelines in the Baltic Sea has ominously
American Roulette Thu Sep 29, 2022 02:00 | The Saker
By Batiushka for The Saker blog Introduction: America?s Death-Wish ?Russian roulette? is a most peculiar expression. At least for any Russian. For the simple reason that he has never heard
Giorgia Meloni?s true colors (and yes, Europe is hopeless!) Wed Sep 28, 2022 22:00 | The Saker
Quick news update + OPEN THREAD Wed Sep 28, 2022 20:23 | The Saker
First, all four liberated regions voted to join Russia. Donetsk: 99% Lugansk: 98% Zaporozhie: 93% Kherson: 87% This is a huge victory for Russia and a massive slap in the
IMHOclub launches an international campaign to save monuments in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Pola... Wed Sep 28, 2022 19:11 | The Saker
by Mira Terada for the Saker blog IMHOclub launches an international campaign to save monuments in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Poland. Today, before our eyes, illiterate, embittered people are destroying
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
Open letter to Kerry Dail Deputies McEllistrim, O’Donoghue and Healy-Rae
worker & community struggles and protests |
Thursday February 04, 2010 13:10 by Brendan Guilfoyle - Kerry Public Service Workers' Alliance
On public service cuts
An alliance of public service representatives call on Kerry government TDs to choose who they support – the providers and users of public services or the wealthy elite interests that in pursuit of selfish gain are happy to destroy our community.
When the public come to consider the industrial action and disruption that will soon be widespread in the public sector, they will remember the following:
* Public servants play a vital role in our community and are central to our health, education, security, welfare and local services. While bankers and property developers are endowed with a multi billion euro bailout the Fianna Fail led government has set about the dismantlement of our public services.
* Since the banking and building collapse, Fianna Fail has continually campaigned to undermine the work of nurses, teachers, gardai, fire personnel and other valued public servants. Under-valued and poorly paid employees do not offer a good service. It is government policy to sacrifice public services rather than set about taxing the wealthy elite and undoing its own disastrous policies. How was a once popular political party captured by such a small unrepresentative minority of fat cats?
* The unilateral embargo on the filling of any public posts is causing worsening service levels. Staff who have the key skills and experience are threatened with pension cuts if they do not retire early and their replacement is forbidden under the embargo.
* Some 49 per cent of public servants earn less than the average industrial wage. They suffered a wage cut of at least 7 per cent in March another pay cut of at least 5 per cent (in addition to all of the other taxes and levies). Public service families with children and home mortgages face impoverishment.
* In employment terms, the public service is paramount in Kerry. Government policy has not invested in regional infrastructure and private sector jobs are therefore clustered much more in the East of Ireland. In employment terms, the public service is of fundamental importance to Kerry. The wage cuts will result in a direct loss of over €25 million per annum to the county. Local businesses will suffer heavily and more jobs will be lost.
The people of Kerry elected you but gave you no mandate to place the interests of rich bankers and builders before those of workers and the users of public services. Your utterly inequitable policies have politicised public servants to take action to stop the dismantling of community services. We represent an alliance of Kerry public service workers that has come together to fight this campaign.
We call on you as government TDs to choose who you support – the providers and users of public services or the wealthy elite interests that in pursuit of selfish gain are happy to destroy our community.
Martin O’Grady (TUI Branch Chair, IT Tralee)
John Duggan, (SIPTU, Chair Irish Ambulance Representative Council)
Pat Keane (PSEU, Dept of Social and Family Affairs)
Seamus Moriarty (GRA, Tralee Garda Station)
Yvonne Mulvihill (PNA Branch Secretary, North Kerry Branch)
John O'Connor (CPSU, Department of Social and Family Affairs)
Teddy Foley (IMPACT, IT Tralee)